This blog aims to help you cope with living with an alcohol abuser. I know what you are going through because I have lived through this situation myself. So I have set up the "HELP PAGES" on the right to help you cope with an alcohol affected life. Please start with the first page: "Living with an Alcohol Abuser".

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

SO, WHY DO I NEED TO GET HELP??

You may say to yourself -  why do I need help???  I'm not the one drinking!!

I'M  NOT  THE  ONE  WITH  THE  PROBLEM!

I have to tell you - YES YOU ARE!  YOU  DO  HAVE  A  PROBLEM!

YOU are in love, or caring for, a sick person who is now controlled by a sinister, cunning and baffling disease which controls the mind - Alcoholism.

Your drinker is probably blissfully unaware that they have a problem at all - but YOU know they have a problem!

You are the one suffering - cancelling invitations, wiping up the mess, making excuses, trying to hide the SHAME of it all.  And probably - you are all alone.  You can't tell anyone, you are ashamed of what's happening in your house, you tell lies to cover things up, struggle to make ends meet when most of the money goes on booze.

Can you SEE THAT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM now?

The thing is - it is extremely difficult to find a way to live with all this using your own instincts.  Often what we have to do is not intuitive - we have to do things that are different perhaps.

It is only in Al-Anon Family Groups that we find the distilled knowledge of people who have lived with alcoholism and survived, and gone on to better lives, even if the drinker still drinks or not.

Al-Anon is run by people like us - people living with alcoholism.  And their knowledge and wisdom is what we find in the Al-Anon meetings.

As I said last week - GIVE AL-ANON A TRY, AS I DID, and find effective help.




No comments:

Post a Comment